John Lear is also someone from within the industry promoting the same line for what must be essentially the same reasons. Honeywell and Learjet have relationship that goes back decades. Learjet also had close ties to avionics manufacturer AlliedSignal . AlliedSignal merged with Honeywell in the 1990's.
In 1999 pro golfer Payne Stewart died tragically, when avionics on his Learjet 35-A "malfunctioned" . It was surmised that his plane rapidly depressurized killing everyone on board. The Stewart incident was a trial run for 911. The people on board the electronically hijacked flights of 911 were all dead from asphyxiation. This would have to take place in order to stop the pilots from manually overriding the auto pilot hack.
911 could happen again anytime because the planes were electronically hijacked. In fact recently in 2015, the flight controls of a United Airlines were hacked by a man through the entertainment system demonstrating that this could happen again .
- Aerospace.honeywell.com. (2018). Bombardier Learjet 40 / 45. [online] Available at: https://aerospace.honeywell.com/en/platforms/bombardier-learjet-40 [Accessed 26 Jun. 2018].
- Flightglobal.com. (2018). Learjet. [online] Available at: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/learjet-19566/ [Accessed 26 Jun. 2018].
- Flightglobal.com. (1999). Learjet 35 crash investigators focus on pressure drop. [online] Available at: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/learjet-35-crash-investigators-focus-on-pressure-drop-57880/ [Accessed 26 Jun. 2018].
- Flysimware.com. (2018). LEARJET 35A. [online] Available at: https://www.flysimware.com/website/LEARJET_35A.html [Accessed 26 Jun. 2018].
- Lunev, S. and Winkler, I. (1998). Through the eyes of the enemy. Washington, DC: Regnery Pub.
- Zetter, Kim et al. "Feds Say That Banned Researcher Commandeered A Plane". WIRED, 2018, https://www.wired.com/2015/05/feds-say-banned-researcher-commandeered-plane/. Accessed 6 July 2018.